this silver he is the one precious metals the most noble and most appreciated in the world, but that doesn’t stop us from needing it. clean. It is shiny and sensitive to polishing, which makes it an attractive material to the human eye. It resists corrosion and is less expensive than gold, so it is widely used in making gold. coins, medals, trays, utensils and various jewelry.
However, over time, they darken due to its appearance. silver sulfideCaused by a natural reaction with sulfur in the air and on the skin – often confused with rust. It’s black and tends to eliminate elegance and difference. to the most valuable objects.
If this has happened to you, the good news is that there is a solution to this and it’s a cleaning Easier and cheaper than you think! Keep reading and know them home techniques to clean silver sodium bicarbonateremove the dull look and restore the characteristic shine of the first day.
How to clean tarnished silver with baking soda
Yes, I also had an awkward moment where I took off a silver chain and surprisingly it looks old and tarnished! With these famous methods, you can: finish this black movie and clean jewelry at home with baking soda and with the materials you have at hand every day Is it the best? They are used for any other type of object made of this material!
How to clean silver with baking soda, salt and aluminum
this is different a practical, inexpensive and very effective alternative to removing the dullness of silver in extreme cases and make it shiny and like new. You will only need aluminum foil, salt, bicarbonate of soda and very hot water:
- Place a piece of aluminum foil in a container until it is completely covered and fill with 500 ml of boiling water (or the appropriate amount for the size of the object).
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda, two salts and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Immerse accessories, jewelry or any object you want Clear.
- Remove after 15-30 minutes or when you notice that they look shiny.
- Rinse, dry with a cloth and rub vigorously to make them shine.
Note: if any part has not lost its black color, brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Remember to do it gently, you don’t want to scratch them!
Cleaning silver jewelry with baking soda and vinegar
baking soda and vinegar, two unrivaled cleaners together in almost every dirt. In this case, they are inseparable companions to remove that dark layer that has formed over the years. Clean silver at home with them by following these steps:
- Pour 60 ml of white vinegar and a tablespoon of baking soda into a bowl.
- Mix well until integrated.
- Immerse the objects and let them act for at least 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove them, dry and rub to polish.
How to clean silver with baking soda and lemon
another number for clean silver remaining black is to use this disinfectant cleaner made with this power couple. See how:
- Take an aluminum bowl or glass and fill it with hot water along with two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Arrange the pieces and soak in this mixture for 1 hour.
- After this time, take them out and apply lemon juice on them. If you notice a greenish color, don’t worry! This The chemical reaction is doing its job.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, rub them dry and you will see how they shine again.
Contrary to popular belief, according to expert jewelers in the region It is not recommended to rub the baking soda directly.because although it erodes the dark layer, it erodes the silver and can cause it to lose its delicate and elegant appearance by scratching it.
Despite this, all the methods mentioned above they are harmless and do not pose a toxic risk neither for you nor for your objects. So choose the one you prefer and don’t forget to tell us how it is.
Currently, due to the crisis, there is some media reporting news of people making money with second-hand items, and that’s no less because there are different profiles on wallapop selling clean and shiny silver jewelry and I don’t. Let’s be millionaires by that, but buying them dirty and giving them a second chance might save you a few extra dollars.
#Food #quick #easy #removal #tarnished #silver